Sunday, June 16, 2013

Peace

      I'm 52 years old and all my life there has been some kind of war, military action, or just some plain ole stupidity going on around some place on this planet. Why can't we all just get along? Why can't we put aside all the bickering and the negativity? Why can't we all just get along!
     Right now we have North Korea trying to start crap with everybody. We have the Middle East all up in arms because Sunni and Shiite can't get along. We have Muslims and Christians fighting amongst themselves. What is it going to take to finally come to terms and settle all these silly disputes.
     I remember when the United States was fighting in the first Gulf War and 60 minutes was talking to a Bedouin about what he thought about it all  and when he answered he mentioned the first time the Christians had come over and fought. He was talking about the bloody crusades. Something that had occurred some 600 years ago. I couldn't believe it. This man was holding a 600 year old grudge.
    Look we have disagreements over politics, religion, and financial pursuits but where does it get us. Nowhere! We as a race of Humans need to finally get it together and try and live as one. We need to take of our planet, rather than try and kill everybody off.
    To the world, I say Shalom. I say Peace. I say let's all live together. I say let's put all our weapons down and live in Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment