Thursday, April 25, 2013

Lobster Delight

     I was five years old when I had my first taste of lobster. My family and I had headed north to Canada to go to Expo 67 in Montreal. We had taken a detour to Prince Edward Island. One evening my parents and I went down to a pier and ate lobster right from this big pot. We had whole potatoes and lobster and I thought I had gone to heaven.
     My Father had to crack it open for me but I never let him down I cleaned that sucker out. My parents had a bottle of white wine and I had a coke to drink. I surprised my parents that night I ate three whole lobsters and could have gone for a fourth but my parents said no.
     I remember the price for each lobster was around two dollars. My Father had four lobsters that night and mom had two.
     We watched the sunset on the water. It would have  been a better night for my parents to get mushy but I didn't care, I had lobster. I wasn't going anywhere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment