Monday, April 1, 2013

Teaching

   I've recently applied to return to the classroom and Teach. I had a feeling when I left in October that I would return at sometime in the future. I didn't think that it would be in a mere 5 months. I do miss the kids. I've watched a few thousand children go through the system over the last 12 years. Many have gone on to College. Some have become teenage mothers. Some have gone to prison. Some have passed away. Those are the ones I miss the most. They are the ones who never had a chance to grow up and experience life. I would love to be able to say that the children are the only reason I love being in the classroom, but I can't. I do enjoy Teaching. The act of shaping a young child's mind and hopefully getting them on the right track for life is fun. They are like clay and you get to shape them. You know for the most part we actually get the job done. Unfortunately, it's just not we the teacher who has our hands in it, but the Parents, Administrators, and their fellow Students. It is a job that when you get up in the morning and you look at yourself in the mirror you can walk away feeling pretty good about you, for you are making a difference in someones life other than your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment