Thursday, May 30, 2013

I Wish It Was Christmas Today

    Here in Tampa, Florida, we have already had days in the 90's. Last week we had a high of 94 and it's still May. I used to love the Summertime when I was a kid but no more. Give me a Florida winter and I'm happy.
    In December our highs are in the low 70's. Christmas time though is my favorite time of year. I go to the malls to watch everybody spend all their money and carry all these packages around. I sit and drink a Christmas coffee from Starbucks.
    I love all the Christmas shows, Charlie Brown, Rudolph, Frosty, and you can't forget the Grinch. I love the lights all over the city. Everybody seems happier and easy to get along with. Summertime everybody is hot and bothered.
    I love my Christmas Tree, it's fake but it does turn out to be a good looking tree. I've had it now for 22 years. I love the food at Christmas, the hams and turkeys. The food at Christmas just has so much more to its flavor.
    You know it's funny when I was a kid the gifts meant more to me than anything else. Not anymore, I really just enjoy all the extras. I really do wish it was Christmas. Only 6 months to go. Merry Christmas!       

No comments:

Post a Comment