Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

      In the United States today we are celebrating Mother's Day. Its is a day when we will buy our Mother's flowers and cards. We will take them out for lunch or dinner. Probably breakfast also if you think about it. We celebrate all that our Mother's have done for us.
     It's a holiday like say Valentine's day when we buy things. It's another commercial holiday that we all fall for. We spend money on things that usually last only a few days. 
    Today, in honor of this celebration, I'm going to share with you all a little bit about my Mother. My Mom's name was Joan Granger. I've been telling you about her for some time if you've been reading my posts titled  Living with Cancer.
     Yes my Mom had cancer for 15 years. My Mom loved me very much. She did for me in every way she could. She took me to all the activities I was in. She cooked , cleaned and did all the things a Mother does but doesn't get the credit for. She worked a full time job at Metropolitan Life Insurance. All the time she was battling Cancer. My Mother was a very extraordinary lady.
     One the greatest things she and I would do was to go swim at Pass a Grille beach. Every Saturday during the summer we would make the drive to the beach.This is why in a about a year I'm going to retire to the beach. I have missed my Mom every day for the past 34 years. She died when I was 18 from her Cancer. Today is a double edge sword for me. I relive the memories but I also feel a sadness when I do. I do miss her.
     For you who still have your Mothers don't worry about what your money can buy. Instead, just go to your Mother and tell her how much you love her. That is truly all a Mother wants to hear.
    I love you Mom and miss you every day. Happy Mother's Day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment