Thursday, May 23, 2013

Memorial Day

     This coming Monday in the United States we celebrate a holiday we call Memorial Day. It's our way to say thank you to all who have served in the Military and are serving now. There are times in the U.S. that we may seem to take these people for granted. It's really not true. My father and many of my family members as well as myself have served  in the Military. I was in the Army.
     This is a day when for some of us we actually tear up thinking of those who have died in wars past. We might tear  up because we have family and friend serving now. It is also the beginning of our summer season.
    We will clean the grills extra special this weekend. We will watch the Indy 500. We will get the beer nice and cold. We will put that meat on the grill and make it nice and tasty.
     From the bottom of my heart, Semper Fi to all who came before me and for those who have come after me. You are in a very honorable institution  the Military of the United States of America. Wear your uniform proud and remember you are there for all of us back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment