Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Trust

     Trust is a word that used to be in our vocabulary but not anymore. No one trusts one another anymore. The United States doesn't trust the Russians. The Russians don't trust the Chinese. No one trusts the Iranians or the Koreans or the Syrians, the list could go on.
     Whats worse is we don't even trust our neighbors or family. Oh we are cordial but there is no love to be spread. We expect to be screwed. Everybody has a secret agenda and it doesn't include those closest to us.
      I just turned 52 a couple of months ago and I'm just as guilty as everyone else. For years I was standoffish and didn't trust many people. In the past couple of years I have come back into contact with people that I grew up with. People who, when I was a kid, I would say I trusted very much.
     Unfortunately, as the years have passed, I have been screwed over so many times it is hard to use that word trust anymore. Well, I'm relearning it again. If I can do it so can all of you.
     I am an American and I hold no grudges to anyone else on this planet. If you read my blog, I want you to know that I have no secret agenda. It is not propaganda. It is simply from a man who loves this planet very much and everybody and everything about it. I love learning from other cultures about its people and lives. I hope you feel the same. So from one human to the next I trust you and I wish to be your friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment